Thursday, August 7, 2008

"The Mud Lake Parade"

Jared and I took the boys out to my parent's house tonight to let them catch candy at the yearly Mud lake parade. Toby and Audrey were out there with their families too. All the kids had a Great time waving at the tractors, horses, cheerleaders, and of course Grandpa Jay on the V.F.W float. We kept telling them the more they waved, the more candy they would throw at us!! Everyone got a bag full of candy. Their favorites were the ones passing out chocolate milk and otter pops! My favorite part of the parade were the missionaries. They were being pretty good sports (but looked kind of goofy).



Then it started pouring rain just as it got over, so we all headed to my parents and the kids all played outside and rode the four-wheelers. The kids LOVE going to Grandma's house. Rook even told me the other day that he wants Grandma Lucy to be his mom and his Dad to stay his Dad. I told him that was a great idea, however it does sound a little creepy if you think about it??

7 comments:

Cassie said...

What a fun day. It has been probably 15 years since I've been to that parade. I hope you got lots of candy. Nothing like Grandpa & Grandma's house!!!

Audrey said...

Bobbi, I love that you took a pic of the missionaries! Cute little goofsters. I was hoping you took a picture of the Allen kid and his "utters"! He is always the highlight!
I will let ya know how the Rodeo goes tonight..... and my asthma!

Becca's Blog said...

Is that the parade where we rode in your dad's old pink Cadillac in the parade? I think Amy Furness drove if I remember right. We thought we were SOOOO cool. I guess we didn't realize it was just the Mud Lake parade. I hope that is a true memory...you'll have to let me know. I have some made up memories in my mind but I think that one really happened.

Glad you guys had fun at the parade!

Lucy said...

The parade was fun this year. Loads of candy and a couple cute floats. I really liked the guy on the 10' high bicycle. After it started raining, he had on a rain coat going full bore, looking extra cool.

The Cooks said...

You mean there was CANDY!! We should've stopped and watched it that day :) The missionary pic is pretty funny....

Kellie said...

We missed it this year but it's always fun to hit the Mud Lake Fair.Parade/Rodeo for traditions sake. Did you make it to your class reunion?

Becky said...

I love the picture of the missionaries!! I wish I could of seen them... but I was busy throwing candy (it was fun!!).