Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A Tasty Summer Treat!

A girl in my ward brought this dip/appetizer to a shower and I ended up having seconds! You will have to give it a try. It isn't the prettiest thing all mixed up, but it tastes good.

Cowboy Caviar
1 can white shoe peg corn, drained
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
1 can black eyed peas, drained
3-5 avocados (diced in little squares)
1 1/2 pkgs of Italian dressing mix (dry)
1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
2 T oilve oil
2 T red wine vinegar
juice of 1 fresh lime

Mix all together. Let stand at least 15 minutes before serving. Serve with a bag of Big Scoop Fritos!

13 comments:

Lucy said...

what is white shoe peg?

hmmm said...

yeah.
what's white shoe peg corn??

i'm hungry.

Audrey said...

Bobbi, will you please make this and share it with me so I can see if I wanna go on the hunt for black eyed peas and white shoe peg corn to make a batch of my own? That would be great thanks!

Cassie said...

Yum. I can't wait to try it. If some people in our family ever dared to eat something new they might know what shoe peg corn is. HA! J/K

Erin said...

If it is from you Bobbi, it hasta be good! By the way thanks again for letting the boys stay and for watching them so much! You guys are awesome! I owe you a billion times, so don't ever be afraid to ask me to babysit!

Becky said...

I have this recipe!! It is devine!!

bobbi said...

We loooooove this recipe!!! Lisa, Doug's wife introduced it to the Moss Clan and it became a staple!!:) Glad to see you are having a fun summer--

The Cooks said...

Good idea to post it on the blog....this recipe MUST be shared and quickly!! Get mixing everyone it is D. E. L. iscious :)

Battfam said...

Kim made this for us before we came down here and we thought it was great. We are really missing the mexi food.

Kim-may said...

oh yesi love that recipe. i once made it for the batt fam and i think alan got the squirts from eating too much. dont tell anyone i told you

Cassie said...

Just made the dip. It is a hit at the Coleman house.

Becky said...

YUMMMM! I used black bean in place of black eyed peas since I already had them on hand, but it's still delicious. TFS!

Brittney Fullmer said...

I made this recipe and it was great!!!! I had so many people ask me for the recipe. Thanks for posting it. By the way...your boys are so cute and they are getting so big. You have such a cute family.