Sunday, September 7, 2008

Kittens and More Kittens!!!





Rook has found his new love, 6 baby kitties. My mom found them in a bush at her house when they were first born and Rook and Carter happened to be there. Rook is so obsessed with these little things that he hasn't stopped talking about them daily. He begs me every single day to take him out to Grandma Lucy's so he can go play with the cats. Jared and I are both extrememly allergic, so I just cringe every time I see one. However, I will say that they are so cute when they are babies. I am itching my eyeballs as we speak just thinking about them! The poor mother of these kittens has moved them about 4 different times to try to get away from the kids. Actually, it may be just to get away from one kid....Rook. He loves them so much he kisses them, hugs them, holds them by their tails, squeezes them, throws them down the slide, drenches them with water, the list goes on & on. I am sure they love to see him go home. I almost feel sorry for the little things. Anyways, here are a few pictures of the boys holding Grandma Lucy's 6 baby kitties. (which she's not a huge fan of either)

15 comments:

Lucy said...

Those kitties sure have made me popular with Rook. (and Carter, too)
Actually, Audrey noticed something strange moving around in our bushes the night they came out to the rodeo. The next day when Carter was here, he very bravely made friends with the momma cat until he got to hold the new babies, all 6 of them....with their eyes still shut. (kind of creepy)
Rook truly is obsessed with them for sure.

Erin said...

Those poor kittens, they don't have a chance! Oh, well at least the boys are having fun with them!

Judy said...

Reminds me of when Ryan was little. but he was the one alergic to cats. The whites of his eyes would swell, but we had a hard time keeping him away. I love reliving my life with a boy through your blog! Love it!

Battfam said...

It's kind of a funny coincidence that last night at a church here we saw the skinniest little kittens I think I have ever seen. All the cats here seem skinny to me so maybe the kittens are normal, but truly, they almost looked like stick drawings of kittens running around the parking lot and trying to get in the church. It looks like spaying and neutering are a problem everywhere.

Cassie said...

Rook, kitties are my favorite too. Tell your mommy & daddy that Aunt Cassie & Uncle Layne take pills so that Mitch and Judd can have their kitty.

Heidi said...

That is so funny. I love it when your kids get so excited about stuff. It's like Disneyland right there in Mud Lake...

Becky said...

I love that first picture... He looks like he really wants to hold that kitty, but the little claws are kind of getting him!!

Audrey said...

That.bucket.of.kitty's.looks.like.a.DEATH.trap.to.me!!!
Tell.your.kids.not.to.mention.those.little.critters.to.my.kids!They.are.still.getting.over.the.fact.we.didn't.let.them.keep.one.of.Gma.Ferns!
Cute.pictures!Looks.like.you.had.a.fun.Sunday.dinner!
Sorry.about.my.DANG.spacebar!
Ya.do.what.ya.gotta.do!

Audrey said...

ok.this.sucks.
I.meant.they.haven't.gotten.over.the.fact.that.we.didn't.let.them.keep.one.of.Gma.Ferns!
I.am.getting.a.new.keyboard.PRONTO!

Audrey said...

SCRATCH.THAT!...I.WILL.CALL.YOU!

Becca's Blog said...

Siiiiiiiiiiiiick. I mean it is cute that Rook loves animals, but kissing them? The thought of that makes me a little itchy just like you and I'm not even allergic. If I ever have kids I am faking an allergy so I won't seem like a mean mom (even though I will be when it comes to animals)!

Battfam said...

Watch out for ringworm and pinworms too, I think.

Teri said...

You are right, they are cute while they are kittens and then they are just awful, our neighbor has two cats that can't seem to poop anywhere but our sand box....I am getting a bb gun as we speak!!! jk

The Cooks said...

How fun!! I'm sure the kittens are resilient :) Oh, by the way, I wish I had Rook's stomach in the top picture!! Oh well ;)

Erin said...

Hey, thanks for all you help lately! Cole loves it when you drive to preschool. So why are you so much cooler than me (probably because you are so nice and I am like s-a-t-a-n mommy)j/k Anyway thanks again!