Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Sleep Tight!

When we were young, my sister Audrey, our cousin Allie, and I (and others) were constantly sleeping on the trampline during the summer. We loved it! The scary stories, truth or dare, waking up to the sweating hot sun in the mornings, and being woke up by the crop duster airplane spraying the fields all around us! We had so much fun when we were kids. We had a "neighbor kid" that was usually out there with us. We were not always nice to him, but he sure made it interesting! Those were the days when that seemed a little more normal I think. My boys LOVE sleeping out on the tramp. Jared will sleep out there with them. I get to stay inside in my comfy bed!
What is it with little boys and pictures?? Most of the pictures I take have at least two Bunny Ears or more. And for some reason I think it's funny. I love these boys.

9 comments:

Vanessa said...

that's so brave of rookie! i guess having a bigger brother might help with him being there...but I don't think i could get Kelton to sleep out there by himself or even with Jacob! He'd probably try to get off in the middle of the night! And yeah that Carter lets him share the friend and fun times! You have adorable boys Bobbi! Have a fun trip!!

Cassie said...

Looks like a fun time at your house Carter & Rook! Do you think your mom would let you boys sleep on your tramp with Mitch at Christmas time? It wont hurt to ask, even though she'll probably tell us no. Love ya!!

Kellie said...

We did this too. A couple nights we actually made it clear til morning. The other times the howling coyotes sent us running for the house!

Becky said...

I'm impressed they don't get scared. Do they ever sneak in before morning? Sounds like fun, we used to do it all the time when I was a kid too!!

Audrey said...

That totally takes me back to childhood summers! If the scortching sun didn't wake us up the sprinklers sure would!
I am impressed that Carty is brave enough to do that.... tell him I am proud of him!

Nash said...

We used to do that during our summer visits to Hibbard. We also slept in the car alot, we almost always had boy visitors scare us on their way to move pipe. One time the parents tried to come scare us and one of the mom's got hurt pretty bad because it was dark and they fell off the stairs. Those are great memories for me. In fact it's the reason I want to go up to Idaho with my kids. You just don't get that here in HELL (AZ). I remember the mosquito trucks too.

Heidi said...

Reading this reminds me of the hottub & truth or dare in the snow at your house. Such good memories of hanging out when we were little.

Teri said...

Your boys are VERY brave. I don't know if my boys can make it a night without somehow trying to get into bed with me. UGH! I can't wait to have a yard someday!!

hmmm said...

awww yes. sleeping out on the tramp. I remember having sleepovers out on the tramp and dad scaring us with the werewolf mask. needless to say, I think we all wet our sleeping bags.