Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Just Another Day....

Isn't it funny how as time goes on, your birthday just feels more and more like any normal day? I am totally fine with it, but I always remember back to a few memorable birthdays of mine when I was younger...I loved my Birthday! Now birthdays consist of carpooling for preschool, going to the scout office for pack meeting this Thursday, kids playing, dishes, laundry, and soccer games. I guess that's why we should appreciate these kids. They help us remember that life isn't all about us and can destroy every bit of selfishness we might have as soon as they walk in the door and "need" something from you. Actually, I had a nice day. Some friends and I are going to see the "Maid of Honor" movie with Patrick Dempsey this weekend. I am sooo excited. Oh... and Carter played excellent in his soccer game and scored a goal. He told me he did it for my birthday present. How thoughtful---

10 comments:

Kellie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BOBBI!

Hope it's anything but ordinary! :)

CorLesMarBoPiKo said...

Just knowing that you can do all that stuff in one day and have kids that score a goal for you is awsome. You are a GREAT mom. Happy Birthday.

bobbi said...

Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Sounds like you had a great, harmless day! Good way to turn a year older--:) Bobbi

Lucy said...

It seems like the older you get the more you enjoy everyone elses birthday. A great gift is always appreciated though!!
Hope you had a good one.

Kazmin Nye said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Bobbi dear...Happy days will come to all year...yada, yada, yada..Love you girlfriend !!! Such a blessing that you are my friend. I have a little something for you that I will drop off manana on my way to drop some child off at some activity...I cannot wait for Abby to get her drivers license !!!

Cassie said...

I left a message on your home phone, your cell phone, and thought, why not, I'll leave one here too since I can't find you.
Hope you had a great day. Much love!

Becca's Blog said...

Happy birthday BJ. Hope you had a great one.

kerstin said...

Happy Birthday Bobbi! I hope its a good one. Take a bit of time for yourself, you deserve it!!

jason said...

I too would like to wish you a happy belated birthday. May all your days be filled with love and joy... haha. We love ya.
Jason and Geri

Becky said...

Happy Birthday!! Glad to hear you had a happy day... And a goal- You can't ask for more than that!! (how cute is Carter?!)