Sunday, October 4, 2009

6 Years Old







Rook is 6. It almost makes me sad, but then so glad because the older he gets, the more I enjoy him. He was such a sweet baby, with the worst skin rashes/eczema I had ever seen. After about 18 months, the sweetness was gone and he had a rough 3 years or so. There were a few good times here and there in between. (no joke) He was a pretty intense little guy. However, the older he gets the more I see how much I am going to enjoy him being my friend forever. There are lots of things I appreciate about Rook. I love his age. Kids say such funny things when they are in kindergarten. I love that he isn't so picky like his older brother. I love that he has such a great imagination. He can play all day long with a friend or by himself and I hardly hear from him. I love that he always tells me that he "loves me one-hundred"....I'm hoping that means a lot. :)
We had our family and friends over after conference for dinner and had a fantastic time! Rook got such fun things that will keep him busy for very long time! Thanks to You All who came.



12 comments:

Lucy said...

He sure does have the 6 year old smile for pictures! He is such a funny little kid and we all enjoy him. I'm glad you and Rook are friends! We had a good time and I thought your place looked so nice. Fall is so pretty inside & out. (good food, too...thanks)

Vanessa said...

that's funny about the "love you one hundred" kelton and i have always said that. except now he says crazy numbers like 690 times. these boys are hoots! happy birthday rookie!

Annette said...

looks like a fun day! Trace is totally into the clone troopers too. I was just telling Justin that I've been enjoying the kids more the older they get. I like that you can have conversations with them. It is still sad how quick it happens though.

Cassie said...

Happy Birthday Rook!
Looks & sounds like a great day!!!

Kellie said...

Our kids would get along so well. Guess what they are into now? Star Wars. I was hoping one of your could put our cute Indiana Jones to use this year! ; )

Becca's Blog said...

Happy Birthday Rook!

Bobi... said...

Looks like he had a great birthday! Can't believe how quick they grow! Happy birthday to him!

Battfam said...

I just wondered if any of Rook's dead grandpas were able to make it to the party like he had hoped. Your mom told me about that and I had a good giggle.

hmmm said...

"fun was had by all"
happy birthday rookie roo!

Erin said...

I love the star wars helmet! (and the costume he decided to wear for EVERYONE)He is so funny. Thanks for all the yummy food and for inviting us.
ps. Cole still remembers you telling him that he could come over. He kept telling me yeaterday that you said he could. I kept saying well, Rook is sick today!:(
Hmmmm, maybe tomorrow morning Rook can come over? HaHaHa
I am planning on it if you need me to.

Audrey said...

It was a fun party and I am thinking I never got to hear about the dead Grandpa thing... sounds funny though!
I can't believe they are 6 either! I remember Daws and Rook chillen on the gold couch at moms house at like 7 months old.... Time seems to drag then when you look back it is GONE in a flash!! He looks like he hit jackpot in the gift department!! Thanks for inviting us to the party!

Torman said...

Happy Birthday Rook! Your awesome!