Monday, April 6, 2009

False Alarm

Okay, to those of you who are deeply concerned about my last painful post...false alarm. My tooth is no longer killing me. I did go to the dentist Saturday morning and of course the pain had subsided a little bit and the only thing that was really bugging me was a headache. My dentist ran a few tests to see how bad the pain was, and it wasn't bothering me enough to be a problem right then. I was almost angry about it not hurting like it did because I had made the appointment, paid for the appointment, and was an hour late for work!! He decided that the pain and sensitivity was probably coming from a sinus infection?? I guess that's better than having to get a root canal. So, now I am using my prescription toothpaste for sensitivity and not chewing on that side to give it a rest. Sorry about my whining last week. There are worst things I am SURE!
Also, I LOVED conference this last weekend. I think the messages were exactly what I needed to hear. I can't wait for my Ensign next month so I can highlight all my favorite parts. :)

9 comments:

Kellie said...

OMGosh! My husband had the exact same thing happen a year or so ago! Although it struck him while in the middle of flying and he though he was gonna pass out! Well...hopefully treating the sinus infection will do the trick.

Lucy said...

Glad about no root canal! No worries about work, though. Maybe some sunshiny days will help, too.

Battfam said...

I don't really know a pain that is worse than a really bad toothache. Glad yours went away and hope it doesn't come back on you. Also, I can just see you with the Ensign and a highlighter going crazy. As Gma would say, "Good on Ya".

Bobi... said...

That happened to me about two years ago. I went in to doc bauer freaking out because I was having the worst toothache of my life! When he checked he found nothing, which was a bonus in the tooth department, but then he sent me over to doc zundel for a severe sinus infection! Crazy how the body works huh?! Yeah for no root canal - Boo for yucky sinus infection! Hope it gets better soon:)

Judy said...

That is better than a root canal. I just hope the pain doesn't come back Friday so you have another bad weekend.

Cassie said...

Layne had this problem a couple years ago, too. It had lasted so long and hurt so bad he wanted to dentist to pull the tooth! (Remind me to tell you the gross story the dentist told Layne about this and a lady he worked on.)

Erin said...

Just a sinus infection - thats a bummer. I hope you get better soon. Thanks for letting the boys play today!

hmmm said...

sinus infection?
is he for real?
who knew.

i guess that's a big "WHEPH!" on your part though.
i'd trade a root canal with prescription tooth-paste ANY DAY.

Audrey said...

Hey, did ya get an extra Zpack for me? It is always nice to have one on hand.....
not that I am a addict, I just like a little back up.