Thursday, February 21, 2008

"Down and Derby"

I only have two words to describe my life in less than 2 hours....Pinewood Derby! Since I am in the Primary Presidency, I get the opportunity to be over the cub scouts and I get to be the judge tonight (for the 2nd year in a row). I should be more excited about it, knowing that my oldest will be there with me next year. It is actually fun to see how excited these little guys get to race their cars, but sad to see the ones lose that you wish they could've won. Last year they gave us a sheet of about 25 different awards to give out so that everyone could win something. After about the 8th one, it got a little ridiculous. I had a heck of a time trying to even remember the boys faces, their names, and their cars!! I just took a couple motrin and and finished off my soda. Wish me luck---

3 comments:

Teri said...

I feel for you bobbi, that is all we talk about here in the keller house. This is Jett's first year to compete, my councilor over the scouts told me she has only come up with 20 prizes, ..but we only have 18 boys so we are fine...I hope!!! It is most funny to see the dads get involved. That is what really makes it all worth while. Especially when they yell at the judges..oh yea, the church is true!

Audrey said...

NOT looking forward to Derby Days with my boys... I remember getting sooo nervous (and excited) for Toby when the race night actually came! I remember them using some "specail" glue that wouldn't weigh it down....
Thanks for letting Daws come play for awhile today... my nap was pure bliss!

Becky said...

Ohh the pinewood derby... Toby was in scouts for like 4 years and we had to go every time!! Now have you had to go to the rain gutter rigata... You just wait until Carter has to do that, it's plain crazy!!